Friday | April 17 | Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge
The chamber hosted our 2015 Transportation Infrastructure Summit with more than 200 attendees. Speakers included local, state and federal leaders from both the public and private sector. The call to action was loud and clear: we need a stronger, more unified voice to let our state and federal elected officials know that increased funding for transportation infrastructure investment cannot wait. We need your help to address urgent need for a sustainable, long-term funding plan to ensure the safety and efficiency of our transportation future. Click HERE to find out how to support the increased transportation funding today - tell them we can't wait.
8 - 8:10 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Address Introduction - Greg Boulanger, HNTB Corporation
8:10 - 8:30 a.m.
Opening Address - Anika Khan, Senior Economist, Wells Fargo
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Public-Private Partnerships - Who Pays for Aviation Infrastructure Investments?
- Moderator, Bill Brooks, Southeast Aviation Leader, HNTB Corporation
- Brent Cagle, Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Mike Minerva, VP of Airport Affairs, American Airlines
- John Heimlich, Chief Economist, Airlines for America
9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Highway & Transit Funding: What’s Driving Decision-Making?
- Moderator: Tony Tata, Secretary, North Carolina Department of Transportation
- NC Representative Bill Brawley
- NC Senator Joel Ford
- NC Representative John Torbett
10:30 – 10:45 a.m.
10:45 - 11:45 a.m.
Planning and Managing Our Growth: A Perspective from Local Development Leaders
- Moderator: Ron Carlee, City Manager, City of Charlotte
- Brian Leary, President, Commercial and Mixed Use, Crescent Communities
- Jane Wu, Principal, Carolina States Regional Center
- Johnny Harris, President and CEO, Lincoln Harris
11:50 – 11:55 a.m.
Introduction of Keynote Speaker
11:55 a.m. – 12:25 p.m.
Former U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary, Ray LaHood
12:25 – 12:30 p.m.
Closing Remarks and Adjourn, Greg Boulanger, HNTB Corporation
* Transportation information and project updates will be made available from Louis Mitchell, NCDOT | John Muth, CATS | Danny Pleasant, CDOT*