Public Policy Committees
Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding participation in public policy efforts at the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance. Each committee meets to discuss public policy issues and gain insight into the impact on the business community. The committees serve as avenues for us to engage and inform our members of public policy happenings in the community. Speakers at our meetings range from city, county, regional and federal staff to area businesses depending on the meeting topic.
How can I join and participate in a Public Policy Committee?
Our committees are open to all Alliance members, and you may join by emailing email@example.com to be included in the distribution list to be notified of upcoming meetings and policy updates.
Do I have to attend every meeting?
You can attend as many meetings as your schedule allows, we appreciate any and all involvement! Keep in mind you will find a higher benefit if you are able to attend a majority of the meetings.
What are the committees and how often do they meet?
1. Aviation Committee: The committee meets with representatives from Charlotte Douglas International Airport and American Airlines to ensure we maintain an environment that supports the growth that has led to our economic development successes.
Chair: Eric J. Locher, Cottingham Chalk Hayes Realtors
2. Land Use Committee: The committee meets with city and county officials to review policies and procedures affecting development in our community.
Chair: Bryan Holladay, Greater Charlotte Apartment Association
3. Transportation Committee: The committee meets with city, county, and state officials to review policies and procedures affecting transportation infrastructure in our region.
Chair: Rick Sanderson, AECOM
4. Legislative Agenda Task Force: The Task Force meets annually to review and set the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance’s legislative agenda. After the NCGA finishes its session, the committee receives a recap of issues and also meets on an as-needed basis.
Chair: Betty Doster, UNC Charlotte
5. Charlotte Regional Public Policy Alliance: The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is leading the effort on regional collaboration within the business community through what is called the Charlotte Regional Public Policy Alliance. The alliance of chambers of commerce and their key volunteer leaders are working towards greater regional cohesion. We aim to build a lasting regional partnership that will allow us all to be more prosperous. This will be a great opportunity for all of us to continue building better relationships and create new partnerships in the Charlotte region.
Please check our events calendar for the upcoming committee meetings. With the exception of the Legislative Agenda Task Force, all committees meet every other month and the location is based on the agenda.
Vice President, State and Regional Policy