CLT Alliance Joins National Initiative to Address Inequality of Opportunity
Charlotte — Today, the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance announced it is partnering with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce on a national initiative to address inequality of opportunity.
The CLT Alliance will join the U.S. Chamber’s national town hall event June 25 where business and community leaders will discuss concrete actions that can be taken by government and the private sector to address inequality through education, employment, entrepreneurship, and criminal justice reform. As a partner on this important initiative, the CLT Alliance will host local and industry dialogues to further the discussion.
"Injustice and prosperity for all are incompatible," said CLT Alliance CEO and President Janet LaBar. "We are committed to giving voice to economic inequity and promote access to opportunities that uplift people of all backgrounds across our region; and will hold ourselves accountable to ensure outcomes align with the change that’s needed."
“The moral case for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace is indisputable, and there’s overwhelming evidence that greater diversity benefits the American economy, businesses, communities and employees,” added U.S. Chamber President Suzanne Clark. “We are proud to partner with the CLT Alliance on this initiative and help develop a robust plan of action.”
The work of this national initiative will build on the work already undertaken by the CLT Alliance to:
- Convene business, civic, government and community leaders in dialogue that creates space to understand and build trust
- Drive and support creative solutions that advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice for all
- Champion programs for opportunity youth to increase their economic mobility
- Share research and data analysis on racial and economic disparities with recommendations on how to foster more inclusive economic growth
- Instill a renewed lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our strategic pillars—Business, Marketing, Advocacy and Talent Insights—and in the work of the CLT Alliance Foundation
To learn more about the CLT Alliance’s efforts to create the most vibrant, healthy economy in the nation, go to www.charlotteregion.com.
Show Other Stories