Tobacco-free workplaces are good for health and good for business!Download PDF
How can you start today?
These simple steps can help:
- Does your workplace currently have a Tobacco-Free policy?
- Do you know the benefits of adopting best practices for tobacco free worksites?
- Does your workplace offer tobacco use quit support and does your employee health plan cover quit medications and counseling?
- Check out the resources on this page to learn more!
A tobacco-free workplace is one of the most effective and lasting approaches to reducing employee tobacco use and eliminating exposure to secondhand and thirdhand smoke. Tobacco-free workplaces save lives and save money by:
- Protecting the health of all workers
- Supporting employees who are eager to quit using tobacco
- Reducing maintenance and health care insurance costs
- Preventing nonsmokers from starting to smoke or vape