Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
Join our team of professionals dedicated to the region's future.
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is a nonprofit, business-led organization focused on the economic health of the region. The Alliance’s footprint encompasses the city of Charlotte and its surrounding 15 counties including 11 in North Carolina and four in South Carolina.
If interested in applying for a posted position, please download and complete the application, forward with cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Economic Research Associate
Reports to: Economic Research Vice President
Interfaces with: Economic Research Team, Business Recruitment, Business Development, Talent and Advocacy Departments
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance’s Economic Research team seeks a research associate with economic development experience to assist in the following tasks:
- Collecting data for market analysis
- Updating and maintaining industry-specific databases and presentations
- Assisting with the writing and editing of economic intelligence and research content
- Creating Story Maps, Tableau and or Power BI dashboards and other data visualizations
- Assisting with Business Recruitment Request for Information (RFI) response
Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented with strong oral and written communication skills. intermediate Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) skills. Candidate must be database-savvy or possess the ability to learn and adapt quickly to using various databases.
Knowledge of economic and demographic data sources, including U.S. Census and Bureau of Labor Statistics, is desired. Experience using a CRM such as Salesforce is a plus. Professional level skills in ArcGIS online, Tableau and/or other professional demographic and economic mapping tool a plus.
Education and Experience
This position is ideal for someone with a bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, geography, marketing, or related field, however a bachelor’s degree is not required. 1-2 years of experience as an administrative assistant in the economic development, real estate or public administration fields can be substituted for educational requirements. A combination of experience and education will be considered on an individual basis.
Reports to: Director of Engagement
Interfaces with: The Alliance staff, specifically, program managers, Business Development and MarCom teams. External customers, including investors, volunteers and vendors.
Team Objective: Engage CLT Alliance investors, community partners, regional stakeholders through “best in class” events related to our mission and strategic pillars.
Individual Objective: Plan and execute program logistics including attendee experience, budgets, and vendor relations for CLT Alliance events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to.):
- Independently manage highly detailed event logistics from small gatherings to large scale productions, ensuring top quality value to sponsors and attendees.
- Innovate through creative solutions on venue choice, flow, timing, cost and scheduling designed to convey value and enhanced opportunities.
- Support workflow processes to deliver consistent, effective, mission-driven events that support the CLT Alliance Annual Plan.
- Maintain event finances including budgets, check requests and payments, timely invoicing and reporting.
- Set-up, operate, and breakdown equipment, including backdrops, projectors, computers, and display materials.
- Perform day to day duties including staff support as directed by the Director of Engagement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least two years of corporate event planning, relationships with local venues and experience coordinating large-scale events strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to easily communicate complex, highly detailed issues and options to different audiences is required.
- Team player as well as independent worker.
- Willingness to jump in on any task, desire to embrace and manage new challenges and changing priorities.
- Adaptable in a fast-pace work environment to address situations with urgency as they may arise.
- Positive and collaborative attitude in the face of high-pressure situations.
- Self-motivated to solve problems using creativity and collaboration when the answers are not readily present.
- Dedication to the highest level of customer care for internal and external customers.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and planning abilities.
- Excellent with MS Office suite and possess technical savvy to master proprietary CRM required.
- Understanding of space rental, FB, AV and vendor charges in order to effectively negotiate pricing.
Position requires employee to have own reliable vehicle, availability and willingness to travel and work outside regular business hours.
Evaluation of Job Performance:
Annual evaluation with Director of Engagement
Equal Opportunity employer
The CLT Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
- All Final Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.
- The hiring rate is negotiable based on the selected candidate's qualifications.
- Year Round - applications/resumes placed in active status for future vacancies for six months.
- Note: Equivalent Combination of Experience & Training is considered for all positions.