2020 Talent Insights Forum (Part 1)
Understanding Charlotte Region’s Talent Supply: Opportunities and Challenges
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance cordially invites you to participate in our first Talent Insights forum in partnership with UNC Charlotte and UNC Charlotte's Career Center.
In order to sustain a healthy economy and keep our region competitive in the recruitment, expansion and retention of business, we must ensure that our regional talent supply meets employer demand today and in the future.
In Part 1 of our invitation-only forums, we will discuss the current state of talent and start a conversation on opportunities, as well as challenges, to cultivate a skilled and capable workforce.
Participants will also hear from business and education leaders and participate in an interactive conversation that will inform the Alliance’s Talent Insights work in 2020. We will reconvene for the second part of our forum series in November.
8:30 – 9 a.m. Arrival and continental breakfast
9 a.m. Program Begins:
Welcome and Overview
- Dr. Patrick Madsen, Executive Director, UNC Charlotte's Career Center
- Rod Garvin, Senior Vice President of Talent Insights, CLT Alliance
State of Talent Supply in the CLT Region
- Chuck McShane, Vice President of Economic Research, CLT Alliance
Panel Discussions: Employer and Education Perspectives
Moderator: Janet LaBar, President and CEO, CLT Alliance
Panel 1: Employer Perspectives
- Derek Wang, Founder and CEO, Stratifyd
- Rob Daughterty, Vice President of Talent Acquisition, Lowe's
- Zeya Ottomone, Senior Director of Information Technology, AmerisourceBergen
Panel 2: Higher Education Perspectives
- Dr. Fatma Milli, Dean and Professor, College of Computing and Informatics, UNC Charlotte
- Chris Paynter, Dean of STEM, Central Piedmont Community College
- Crystal Glenn, Associate Dean - School of Workforce Development and the Arts, Catawba Valley Community College
Participant Roundtable Discussions