Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
Domestic and International Client Services
The following is a short summary of the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance services for domestic and foreign-owned (planning to establish U.S. operations at any level) companies considering the 15-county Charlotte region in North and South Carolina as a potential location. Our services are provided at no cost to our clients while maintaining a high level of confidentiality:
Project Management – Our project managers work diligently to provide access to the data, contacts and relevant information you may need at any point throughout the decision-making process.
Customized Research – Our research team provides an incredible breadth and depth of knowledge about the Charlotte region. They are poised to respond to your unique needs. Topics and resources include; GIS mapping, company lists, labor analyses, cost comparisons, weather and climate, demographics, housing and more.
Real Estate – Our team is current on available and soon to become available space for both office and industrial clients. We will work with you to identify properties and land throughout the region that suit your specific needs.
Regional Tours – The Alliance team welcomes prospective companies and consultants to see firsthand what the Charlotte region has to offer. We will work with you to create an agenda that meets your unique needs, while maximizing your time. Tours can include visiting communities of interest, touring potential commercial real estate options, interviews with service providers and experiencing the region’s exemplary quality of life.
Connections – Through our robust network of partners, we will connect you with the resources you need to be successful. Examples that may add value to meet your goals include introductions to state and local staff and elected officials, educational institutions, real estate developers as well as service providers and cultural organizations ranging from construction to housing to the arts.
Talent and Workforce Development – We want to help you access the right talent sources to meet your workforce needs to create opportunity, economic growth and prosperity for all in the Charlotte Region by connecting clients with regional public-school systems, colleges and universities and other educational and training organizations. Clients can schedule time to meet with our talent and workforce development lead for a consultative discussion on strategic partnership and engagement opportunities.
Services for Foreign Owned Companies:
For companies considering the Charlotte region for foreign direct investment, we provide the following services tailored to these clients:
- Provide data on all aspects of local infrastructure: highway and air connections, wages and salaries, availability and skill level of local workers, commercial real estate lease rates, and the availability of office, warehouse and manufacturing space, among other things.
- Develop contacts with selected managers of the many foreign-owned companies in the Charlotte Region in order that our clients may form a completely independent impression of our city and county.
- Provide referrals to law firms that specialize in the establishment of foreign companies’ U.S. subsidiaries and obtaining U.S. visas for key employees.
- Provide contacts with tax advisors, accountants, bankers and other providers of services typically required by new U.S. subsidiaries.
- Identify suitable real estate options (office space, warehouses, existing manufacturing buildings and/or greenfield sites for new building construction).
- Conduct tours of identified real estate options.
- Conduct city-county-regional tours to familiarize clients with Charlotte’s many areas: downtown, suburban, rural, industrial zones, residential housing neighborhoods, etc.
- Provide referrals to local real estate firms that specialize in finding houses and/or apartments for relocating managers.
- Make introductions to regional technical schools and universities that offer customized training programs for new workers.
- Provide lists of manufacturers who work as subcontractors, particularly in plastics and metalworking.
- Provide information on financial incentive programs and develop contacts with the state and local authorities who manage such programs.
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is a non-profit organization dedicated to the economic development of the Charlotte 15-county region in North and South Carolina. One of our main objectives is to attract foreign-owned companies to our region, and we offer our services at no charge.