Tech and construction-related businesses are growing fast in Charlotte, as the 2019 INC 5000 list released Wednesday confirms. Of the 54 Charlotte Region companies that made the list this year, 15 are software or IT services-based and another 11 are in construction. A glance at the top 5 companies shows the diversity of successful companies in the region.
- Power Home Solar, a Mooresville solar construction company at 100.
- Clean Juice, an organic juice bar chain based in Charlotte at 431
- Saprex, a Gaston County specialty composite fabric maker and R&D operation at 489
- Levvel, a Charlotte tech consultancy at 559.
- Printful, a Latvian-owned custom printing business at 564.
Fintechs AvidXchange (2,243) and Passport (832) as well as analytics company Tresata (1,729) also made the list, while Kingsmen Software (1,601) was a newcomer in the tech category. Hickory logistics company Transportation Insight (3,596) made the list for the 12th year in a row.
Marketing consultancies Bespoke Sports and Entertainment (1,574); Union (2,419); and Scott Brown Media Group (3,189) were among three Advertising and Marketing companies to make the list this year. That's up from just one marketing company on the list last year and further evidence of Charlotte's rapid growth in the Marketing and Public Relations field. Alliance research found Charlotte to have the fastest-growing sector in the country since 2001.
Check the interactive map below for more details on Charlotte Region companies that made the list.