Alliance Job Openings
The following opportunities are available (updated 1/16/19).
Reports to: VP of Brand
Interfaces with: Alliance staff, print shop, members, advertising sales associates, outside printers/vendors, various constituencies and the public at-large.
General Postition Description: Visual brand ambassador responsible for concept, design and production of marketing/communications materials and graphic identity vision. Contributes to ongoing communications implementation, publications and divisional support as needed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to.):
- Responsible for planning, traffic, design and production of communications materials, including, but not restricted to, programs, brochures, invitations, advertisements, logos, signs, banners, emails, business cards, electronic mediums, etc.
- Manage, and improve as necessary, processes for production of communications materials.
- Help identify budget and time reducing practices in the production of brand materials.
- Oversee and enforce graphic standards, evaluating and updating - as necessary - the alliance’s graphic identity.
- Managing vendor and member branding on all internal and external communications as brands are revised and updated.
- Organizes, files and communicates to staff properly identified headshots, signatures, titles, bios, logos, company names, etc. of members and member organizations.
- Provide graphic support to the website, email templates and company app as needed.
- Maintain record of printed samples and invoices specific to Art Director specific orders.
- Act as general support to the Brand Division when needed.
- Serve as the liaison for alliance information printed out-of-house, ensuring best price and quality.
- Work with internal and external graphic designers regarding print capabilities and graphic standards to ensure a quality, brand-specific product.
- Support the alliance’s fundraising campaign by assisting volunteers that request information and by fulfilling direct requests made by the campaign staff.
- Responsible for publications and Research and ED materials to be completed with high quality, competitive designs. Will also contribute to the planning and production of said design collateral.
- Assist Director of New Media with photography selection and assigning photographers (external or internal) photo assignments and deadlines for company assets as time and other priorities allow.
- Continue design and communication research, making sure the latest and most appropriate tools (i.e.: Guidebook) are being used properly and efficiently to better improve member experience with the chamber.
- Help interpret collected data from a brand/marketing standpoint.
- Responsible for designing and producing Annual Report (Book of Work) and Roadmap annually.
- Handle other requests and projects that may be assigned by the VP Brand, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Mac and PC experience, proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with digital media production, animation and web design is a plus.
Project management and leadership background are a must.
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSOCIATE
(Part-time with strong possibility of full time by end of Q1)
Reports to: VP of Brand
General Position Description: The Social Media Associate is responsible for coordinating and executing the alliance’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among members, the public, national and international economic development prospects.
- Work with Vice President of Brand to refine social media strategy and best practices
- Assist in managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) and engage them in brand activities
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills (AP Style)
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be available for 25-30 hours a week with serious interest in position evolving into full time.
- A bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts or equivalent work experience
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. HootSuite, Google Analytics)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of email marketing applications
- Compensation dependent upon level of experience
Please download and complete this application. Interested candidates send resume, references and any additional relevant collateral to Natalie Dick, Vice President of Brand, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
- All Final Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.
- The hiring rate is negotiable based on the selected candidate's qualifications.
- Year Round - applications/resumes placed in active status for future vacancies for six months.
- Note: Equivalent Combination of Experience & Training is considered for all positions.
Applicants should respond by email to: email@example.com.