If interested in applying for a posted position, please download and complete this application, forward with cover letter and resume to the email address specified on the job posting.
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is a nonprofit, business-led organization focused on the economic health of the region. The Alliance’s footprint encompasses the city of Charlotte and its surrounding 15 counties including 11 in North Carolina and four in South Carolina.
The following opportunities are available (updated 10/21/19).
Human Resources Manager
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to lead the HR function for a ~50 staff member organization. The ideal candidate should have at least five years of progressive HR leadership experience in employee relations, benefits and compliance, performance management, administering policies and procedures, and other duties as needed.
The Human Resources Manager will provide strategic consultation and will partner with Alliance leadership to drive company initiatives and growth. This role will provide leadership oversight for the Human Resources function including strategic recommendations as related to the implementation of human resources policies, programs, and services, compliance, employee development and succession planning, benefits and compensation and employee relations. This person will also provide HR support to another non-profit on a part time basis (20% of the time).
- Ability to evaluate the state of human resources, identify opportunities for improvement and partner with the management team to make the business decisions that address organizational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Manage day to day HR operations including responsibility for selection and recruiting, benefits management, compliance, and employee relations, as well as other duties as needed.
- Provide advice and counsel to leadership regarding policy interpretation and employee issues such as performance management, leave administration, corrective action and terminations.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, sense of urgency and confidentiality to maintain the integrity of the human resources activities.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, and applicable laws regarding human resources. Continually assess HR programs and practices and recommend/implement changes as required.
- Plan and negotiate employee benefits plan on an annual basis, participate in 401K planning and administration.
- Support the CORE team in maintaining a safe working environment and support workplace safety training.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum five (5) or more years of progressively increased HR experience
Other Qualifications and Skills:
- HR Certification(s) highly desired
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in employee relations, employee benefits administration, compensation, compliance, recruiting and onboarding.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and managerial skills, and a natural ability to build and sustain relationships.
- ble to build trust through character, competence and connection in order to achieve results through clarity, accountability, and support.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local regulations relating to Human Resources (Title VII, ADA, FMLA, and Wage and Hour law).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Solid process and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Job Type: Full Time
Interested applicants should submit cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume to Joaquin Soria; email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Director, Government Affairs
The Director will be primarily responsible and accountable for the following:
Government Affairs Strategy
- Identifying federal, state and local legislative and regulatory agenda for the Alliance
- Monitoring and evaluating federal, state, local and regulatory developments, including tracking legislation, hearings and other proceedings
- Developing strategies to achieve the Alliance’s government affairs objectives
- Analyzing proposed legislative actions to determine the potential impact on the membership and region, while developing appropriate responses
- Making recommendations concerning political activity
Government Affairs and Engagement
- Representing the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance before government officials and staff
- Together with the SVP, serving as the company’s point of contact for federal Executive Branch, Congressional and Agency Officials, as well as Governors, Lt. Governors, Attorney Generals, state legislative leaders, mayors, county boards, city councils and other state and local officials
- Developing and maintaining relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state, and local level
- Evaluating the need for the engagement of outside consultants, including lobbyists, public affairs specialists, and others
- Providing recommendations for the engagement of outside consultants
- Building, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with government and community leaders
- Advocating for legislative and regulatory outcomes and defined public policy objectives
- Coordinating responses to internal and external inquiries related to government issues
- Assisting in the development of positions and communications to support government affairs strategies, including internal and external communications, newsletters, position papers, grassroots alerts and issue briefings
- Creating and executing on opportunities for educating government officials on the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance; its mission, vision, geography, and legislative agenda
- Engaging with stakeholders to develop, strategize, and execute on key initiatives
- Developing and implementing communication strategies to effectively promote government affairs to internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinating and collaborating with other associations, organizations and partners with respect to public policy and legislative issues
- Developing an effective program to communicate and advocate for topics of interest with all levels of elected officials
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or experience in public policy and in-depth knowledge of government at the federal, state, and international levels is required
- Must possess experience engaging and influencing government officials
Applicants should respond by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
- All Final Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.
- The hiring rate is negotiable based on the selected candidate's qualifications.
- Year Round - applications/resumes placed in active status for future vacancies for six months.
- Note: Equivalent Combination of Experience & Training is considered for all positions.
Applicants should respond by email to: email@example.com.